Domestic Tax News
- Saturday, 22 July 2017
THE GHANA REVENUE AUTHORITY (GRA) REMINDS ALL VAT REGISTERED PERSONS THAT VAT/NHIL AND COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE TAX (CST) RETURNS FOR JUNE 2017 SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ON THE VAT/NHIL AND CST RETURNS FORMS NOT LATER THAN 31ST JULY, 2017 WHICH IS THE LAST WORKING DAY OF THE MONTH.
FILE YOUR VAT/NHIL & CST RETURNS EARLY AND AVOID PAYMENT OF PENALTIES. FOR VAT/NHIL THE PENALTY IS FIVE HUNDRED GHANA CEDIS (GH¢500.00) AND A FURTHER PENALTY OF TEN GHANA CEDIS (GH¢10.00) PER DAY EACH DAY THE RETURN IS NOT SUBMITTED.
FOR CST OPERATORS, LATE FILING OF RETURNS ATTRACTS A PECUNIARY PENALTY OF TWO THOUSAND GHANA CEDIS (GH¢2,000) AND A FURTHER PENALTY OF FIVE HUNDRED GHANA CEDIS (GH¢500.00) FOR EACH DAY THE RETURN IS NOT SUBMITTED.
REMEMBER TO SUBMIT THE JUNE 2017 RETURNS FORMS NOT LATER THAN MONDAY, 31ST JULY, 2017 WHICH IS THE LAST WORKING DAY OF THE MONTH AND AVOID PAYING PENALTIES.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE NEAREST DOMESTIC TAX REVENUE DIVISION OFFICE.
GRA- INTEGRITY FAIRNESS SERVICE
- Thursday, 29 June 2017
The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) intends to apply part of its budgetary allocation to fund the cost of engaging a professional company to provide audio/visual services for a Conference of the Common Wealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA) to be held in Accra in November, 2017.
The Ghana Revenue Authority therefore invites Firms of Photographers and Videographers with demonstrable experience and knowledge to express their interest in providing the services as indicated in the qualifications below:
• Demonstrable experience in covering high-level events
• Demonstrable experience as a photographer and videographer
• Experience with professional level System Cameras/Video Cameras
• Experience with digital workflows for images and videos
• The ability to create photographic or video narratives
• Knowledge of social media
• Ability to adapt in a changing media and technology landscape
• Ability to use web-based applications
• Have the technological and editing skills required for professional quality video and audio production.
Interested photographers and videographers should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services (description of similar assignments, availability of appropriate skills among staff etc) by providing proposals with information that indicates the following:
• Company Profile
• Experience in assignment of comparable scope that has been undertaken in recent times/List of Clientele base
• Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
• Valid SSNIT Clearance Certificate
• VAT Registration Certificate
• Company Registration/Renewal Certificates
Interested photographers and videographers may obtain information from Room 001 on the First Floor of Ghana Revenue Authority head Office Annex, from 9 am to 4:30pm on all working days (Attention: Roland Asampana-0244658113)
Short listing would be done in accordance with the procedures and guidelines set out in the Public Procurement Act of 2003 (Act 663) and Public Procurement Amendment Act of 2016 (Act 914) of Ghana.
Expression of Interest marked “AUDIO VISUAL SERVICES FOR 2017 CATA CONFERENCE” must be delivered in sealed envelopes to the address below not later than 3:00pm on 28th July, 2017
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
THE AG. COMMISSIONER-SUPPORT SERVICES DIVISION (SSD)
4TH FLOOR (TENDER BOX BY THE SECURITY DESK)
GHANA REVENUE AUTHORITY HEAD OFFICE
STARLETS ’91 STREET
OPPOSITE ACCRA SPORTS STADIUM
- Thursday, 15 June 2017
- Written by George Kojo Lutterodt
The Commissioner-General of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) wishes to remind All Taxpayers, Companies, Entities, Individual including Self-Employed Persons and Partnerships that the Second Quarter Income Tax installment payment for 2017 is due by 30th June, 2017.
The Second Quarter installment payment must be settled on or before Friday, 30th June, 2017.
Please note that failure to pay Income Tax by due date attracts an interest of 125% of the statutory rate compounded monthly on the outstanding tax.
- Monday, 05 June 2017
- Written by George Kojo Lutterodt
ALL WITHHOLDING TAX AGENTS TO NOTE
The Commissioner-General of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) wishes to remind all withholding tax agents that withholding taxes must be paid to the Domestic Tax Revenue Division (DTRD) of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) by the 15th of every month.
The following withholding taxes deducted from:
• payment for the supply or use of goods,
• payment for the supply of any works
• payment for the supply of services and all other withheld taxes for May 2017 are due by 15th June, 2017.
Pay all withheld taxes on due dates. All payments should be made with an accompanying schedule, in both hard and soft copies, indicating gross amount, the tax deducted and name(s) of taxpayer(s) from whom the taxes were withheld.
Please note that failure to pay tax on due date attracts an interest of 125% of the statutory rate, compounded monthly on the outstanding tax.
GRA- INTEGRITY FAIRNESS SERVICERead more